Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by viswanath <mu...@megasoft.com> on 2005/07/06 17:03:27 UTC

Page URL in JetSpeed and browser caching

Hi,
I have two clarification in JetSpeed 2. I am using JetSpeed 2.0 M3 for
my application.

1)  I have a custom login page in my application that calls the JetSpeed
page on successfull login.This happens from my login.jsp.
    The way i am giving the portlet page URL is "
/jetspeed/portal/page1.psml" .This is working but i do feel that i am
doing something wrong.?
    Is this the correct way to provide the page URL using JetSpeed ?

2) I can see that some session is being set into the cookies while
navigating through the portlet pages..Even after redeploying the same
war file into portlet for a second time, the old session persists and as
i am getting all the unexpected exceptions.
   But once i clear the browser cookies, i will get the page that i am
expecting..How can i make my portlet, avoid storing unwanted sessions
into the cookies.?

    Thanks in Adance for the help.