Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Craig Chariton <ch...@roguewave.com> on 2006/01/17 18:27:10 UTC

z/OS and z/TPF Development

Is anyone currently working on porting stdcxx for IBM TPF 4.1, z/OS and
z/TPF? I know IBM has ported STLPort for these platforms, and there is a
porting of the GNU C++ library for TPF 4.1 and z/TPF. However, porting
stdcxx may provide another option for users. If no one is currently working
on this, does anyone know of contacts who may be interested in such a
project?
Craig Chariton

Re: z/OS and z/TPF Development

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Craig Chariton wrote:
> Is anyone currently working on porting stdcxx for IBM TPF 4.1, z/OS and
> z/TPF? I know IBM has ported STLPort for these platforms, and there is a
> porting of the GNU C++ library for TPF 4.1 and z/TPF. However, porting
> stdcxx may provide another option for users. If no one is currently working
> on this, does anyone know of contacts who may be interested in such a
> project?

I'm not aware of any effort currently underway but it would certainly
be an interesting exercise. In addition, we (Rogue Wave) might need to
port the project there in the future so getting a head start now would
come in handy. I'm not sure if we have access to a z/OS box at the
moment (IIRC, John Hollis had a z/OS laptop at some point) so it might
be useful to find out if IBM offers some sort of a "test drive" program
similar to the one offered by HP: http://www.testdrive.hp.com/

Martin

Re: z/OS and z/TPF Development

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.