Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com> on 2016/11/15 21:21:10 UTC

Running lint-java during PR builds?

Hey all,

Is there a reason why lint-java is not run during PR builds? I see it
seems to be maven-only, is it really expensive to run after an sbt
build?

I see a lot of PRs coming in to fix Java style issues, and those all
seem a little unnecessary. Either we're enforcing style checks or
we're not, and right now it seems we aren't.

--
Marcelo

Re: Running lint-java during PR builds?

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
Ah, now it's merged so that it can be ran via SBT and it runs when there
are some changes in .java file only.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
I opened a PR - https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/21399 to run it with