Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robin Bowes <ro...@robinbowes.com> on 2005/09/16 21:43:27 UTC

svn with apache

Hi,

I've just in the process of setting up an svn repository to be
accessible over the web using apache2.

I've got a couple of minor niggles that I'd like to sort out.

1. I get the following message when apache starts:

[Fri Sep 16 22:30:14 2005] [warn] module dav_svn_module is already
loaded, skipping

[Edit: Solved it. Looks like dav_svn_module is built-in to my apache
version so I don't need to load it as a modile]

2. I've succesfully set up apache to serve repositories like this:

	http://svn.robinbowes.com/svn/project1
	http://svn.robinbowes.com/svn/project2
	etc.

What I'd like to do is lose the additional "svn/" in the URL and be able
to view my repositories like this:

	http://svn.robinbowes.com/project1
	http://svn.robinbowes.com/project2
	etc.

I tried simply changing the Location directive as follows:

	from 	<Location /svn>
	to 	 <Location />

And this works, in that http://svn.robinbowes.com/project1 works OK but
if I browse to http://svn.robinbowes.com I see the following message in
my browser:

         This XML file does not appear to have any style information
associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

-
	<D:error>
<C:error/>
<m:human-readable errcode="2">
Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
</m:human-readable>
</D:error>

Furthermore, I'd like to use a custom stylesheet and if I change the
location to "/" then the listings are unable to find their style sheets.

Any ideas how I fix these two issues?

Thanks,

R.
--