Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com> on 2008/07/01 00:24:25 UTC

Re: Up-to-date build instructions for Apache chainsaw?

> P.S.: The chainsaw shell script is not executable by default on
> Linux. I have no knowledge of maven scripts so far, but it might be
> just a small change to include this?

The appassembler plugin for Maven does not provide that feature, which
I believe is due to the fact that Java itself cannot set that flag,
because not all O/S support the concept of executable.  Only a very
recent version of Java actually exposes an API to tell if something is
"executable" or not, yet still there's no way to set it I believe.

Details (the lacking of options) are here:

Appassembler

Paul