Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Saurav Maulick <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/23 15:03:15 UTC

Microsoft Smart Quote issue over Apache , Tomcat

Hi All,

Our application is a very old application; we are still running Tomcat
5.5.28, Apache 2.2 and Java 1.4.

Recently my Manager has asked me to deploy three new tomcat nodes. After
successfully deploy the node, we have found that three new nodes are not
able to handle Microsoft Word`s Smart Quote but old nodes are able to
handle it.

I can assure you all the nodes have the same code and I just cloned these
newly created nodes from old nodes.

Can you please tell me if I need to change anything in Apache 2.2 level?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Saurav

Re: Microsoft Smart Quote issue over Apache , Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Microsoft Smart Quote issue over Apache , Tomcat

Posted by Saurav Maulick <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

smart quotes become junk character.

can you please guide me where could be the issue in Tomcat?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.