Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by fl...@flupke.org on 2008/08/16 14:20:35 UTC

UIColumns component must be a child of a UIData component

Hi list

I am willing to use apache myfaces in order to render a dynamic set of
columns in a datatable.
I use netbeans-6.1 with the provided glassfish application server.
I tried to follow the instructions at
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Getting_started_with_Netbeans_and_MyFaces
as much as possible but it seems that these instructions are not up to
date :
- I can not find the myfaces-all.jar archive (I used myfaces-api and
myfaces-impl instead)
- If I uncheck the jsf library (as stated in the instructions) the
deployment of my application throws an exception
(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/data/provider/FieldKey) so I
left it enabled.

When configured like this, I can use datatables as I would with standard
jsf, meaning that the following code works :
<t:dataTable border="1" value="#{MapBean.map.rows}" var="line">
    <t:column>
        <h:outputText value="#{line.y}"/>
    </t:column>
</t:dataTable>

But I have an exception when I display a page with a <t:columns> tag
<t:dataTable border="1" value="#{MapBean.map.rows}" var="line">
    <t:columns value="#{line.cells}" var="cell">
        <h:outputText value="#{cell.xy}"/>
    </t:columns>
</t:dataTable>

The exception raised is  "java.lang.IllegalStateException: UIColumns
component must be a child of a UIData component".

Can someone help me to solve this problem?
Did I do something wrong during the installation? Do I mis-use the
<t:columns> tag? Would there be another problem?

Jean-Philippe Gois

--
<< There's no place like ~! >>

Re: UIColumns component must be a child of a UIData component

Posted by fl...@flupke.org.
Hello Luka.

Thanks for your tip. I removed the "jsf-impl.jar" file from the
glassfish lib directory.
Unfortunately the result is still the same.

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.
Did you remove JSF RI from glassfish?

Luka Surija

+385 1 61 99 140