Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Sandra Paganini Fajardo <sp...@gmail.com> on 2024/01/16 17:37:13 UTC

Upgrade SolrCloud with external cluster Apache Zookeeper

Hi,my name is Sandra. I am from Uruguay.
I have a three server cluster Solr 7.7 with Apache Zookeeper 3.5.5.
I want to upgrade both.

Solr 7.7 --> 8.11 --> 9.4.0
Apache Zookeeper 3.5.5 t-- > 3.6.5 --> 3.9

My questions are:
- Can SolrCloud 8.11 works with Apache Zookeeper v3.9?
- Which of both i have to upgrade first?

tks sandra

Re: Upgrade SolrCloud with external cluster Apache Zookeeper

Posted by Thomas Corthals <th...@klascement.net>.
Hi Sandra,

No, it won't work. Solr 9 will still know the core was created in Solr 7,
even if you upgrade to Solr 8 in between.

Thomas

Posted by Sandra Paganini Fajardo <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have thought about it but i did not find any paper with this option or i
didn´t see it.
thank you very much.
Regards, sandra.

Posted by Dmitri Maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.