Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrew Donkin <ar...@waikato.ac.nz> on 2006/03/22 05:24:40 UTC

Re: SQL Bayes - MyISAM locks a problem?

Duane Hill has:

> per-user [...] just over 10 gig [...] InnoDB [...]
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DBIPlugin [...] bayes_vars table
> has 14,102 rows

Jason Frisvold:

> I'll have to give innodb a try..  :)  Thanks for the tip...

Jason, if you haven't moved to innodb already, try "SHOW PROCESSLIST"
in mysql.  Do you have many threads locked on "SELECT FROM
bayes_token" and "INSERT INTO bayes_token"?

I had about 100 threads locked, so I am changing to InnoDB for its
fine-grained locking.  About three days ago I issued "ALTER TABLE
bayes_token ENGINE innodb".  I'll let you know when it finishes.

Andrew Donkin                  Waikato University, Hamilton,  New Zealand

Re: SQL Bayes - MyISAM locks a problem?

Posted by Jason Frisvold <xe...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/06, Andrew Donkin <ar...@waikato.ac.nz> wrote:
> Jason, if you haven't moved to innodb already, try "SHOW PROCESSLIST"
> in mysql.  Do you have many threads locked on "SELECT FROM
> bayes_token" and "INSERT INTO bayes_token"?

Yep, that's it completely.

> I had about 100 threads locked, so I am changing to InnoDB for its
> fine-grained locking.  About three days ago I issued "ALTER TABLE
> bayes_token ENGINE innodb".  I'll let you know when it finishes.

*grin*  I'm debating whether to try that or to wipe bayes compeltely
and start from scratch..  *sigh*  Or, I may dump the data and then
re-import it into inno.. not sure what will be faster..

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0@gmail.com