Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@hyperreal.org> on 1997/09/11 01:57:00 UTC

Re: mod_log-any/1112: Suspected read through NULL pointer in logging

Synopsis: Suspected read through NULL pointer in logging

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Wed Sep 10 16:56:58 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
I don't see this being Apache's fault at all.  What
I see in my log (non-printing characters translated, of
course) is "0xff0xf40xff0xfd^F".  0xff is the telnet
IAC (interpret as command) prefix, then 0xf4 is the
interrupt process command.  You will probably find
the rest are of a similar nature.  telnet does not
do a raw TCP connection; when you hit ^C in it, it actually
sends that to Apache.