Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Laurent MEDIONI <LM...@sqli.com> on 2003/07/09 11:24:24 UTC

Multiple client certificates management

Hi,
I use jmeter-1.9.RC2 and try to use a pks keystore with several client
certificates in it but I would appreciate that the thing asks me which
certificate to be used instead of always sending the first found...

My CA certificate has been added to the default cacerts truststore of my jre
(1.4.2) and I use the jmeter SSLManager option to load my keystore (password
set in jmeter.properties, cool...).

I try a simple https request with 2 threads on my server and everything
works well (well done since the 1.8.1), no exception in the log file nor in
the console but when I read the ssl logs (I use the  -Djavax.net.debug=all
option in the java line) the certificate sent by both threads is always the
first one in my keystore (I tried to remove the first certificate in the
keystore but then the second one is sent so my certificates are probably all
valid)...

The jmeter documentation says that I should be prompted to choose among
available certificates... Am I doing smthing wrong or is this choice only
displayed for .p12 certificate mags ?

Thanks a lot,
Laurent
Switzerland

Re: Multiple client certificates management

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Where in the docs does it say you have a choice?  I don't think it's ever given a choice of CA's to use.

-Mike

On 9 Jul 2003 at 11:24, Laurent MEDIONI wrote:

> Hi,
> I use jmeter-1.9.RC2 and try to use a pks keystore with several client
> certificates in it but I would appreciate that the thing asks me which
> certificate to be used instead of always sending the first found...
>
> My CA certificate has been added to the default cacerts truststore of my jre
> (1.4.2) and I use the jmeter SSLManager option to load my keystore
(password
> set in jmeter.properties, cool...).
>
> I try a simple https request with 2 threads on my server and everything
> works well (well done since the 1.8.1), no exception in the log file nor in
> the console but when I read the ssl logs (I use the  -Djavax.net.debug=all
> option in the java line) the certificate sent by both threads is always the
> first one in my keystore (I tried to remove the first certificate in the
> keystore but then the second one is sent so my certificates are probably all
> valid)...
>
> The jmeter documentation says that I should be prompted to choose among
> available certificates... Am I doing smthing wrong or is this choice only
> displayed for .p12 certificate mags ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Laurent
> Switzerland