Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/01/24 19:30:22 UTC

People on the list.

Hi:

I am very happy today. I see that the project is growing very fast. This
is nice. Just the lastest greats events:

1-Cocoon 2.1 CVS more stable than ever (new cache subsystem)
2-Cocoon was raised to be a flag project of ASF!
3-New wiki.cocoondev.org
4-New calendar "Mens of Cocoon" that will improve marketing. ;-)
5-New transformer to generate charts!
6-Efforts in XForms and his connectivity with Databases.

That events tell me that Cocoon is going in the right way! Well done guys!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

P.S: Just curious. How many people are subscribed on the users and devel
list of Cocoon?

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: People on the list.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 25 January 2003 22:05, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> One day, you'll hear yourself saying "I remember the days when I had to
> save the state of my web application by myself in sessions" and you'll
> feel old, like when you hear people speaking about punch cards now.

Stefano, you must be younger than "remembering" punch cards. I started with
computers in 1980, and heard that they were in use, but never saw them in
action. Maybe you also remember "dynamic RAM" implemented with small ferrite
coils sitting in an array on a 2-D frame?? Could fit a few kilo-bits per
square meter!!

> We are writing technology history, people, one word at a time.

Bold statement. In fact, I hope you are wrong(!). Not that you won't manage to
implement it, but by the time it is a matter of "do you remember", we have
already left the "HTML age" and entered something yet unheard of, which I
strongly believe waits to be "invented soon".
Maybe I am naive. I though the same of Cobol 20 years ago.

Niclas

RE: People on the list.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am very happy today. I see that the project is growing very fast. This
> > is nice. Just the lastest greats events:
> >
> > 1-Cocoon 2.1 CVS more stable than ever (new cache subsystem)
> > 2-Cocoon was raised to be a flag project of ASF!
> > 3-New wiki.cocoondev.org
> > 4-New calendar "Mens of Cocoon" that will improve marketing. ;-)
> > 5-New transformer to generate charts!
> > 6-Efforts in XForms and his connectivity with Databases.
>
> don't forget flow! Cocoon is going to be remembered as the project who
> first project who introduced a serious architecture for
> continuation-based web development.

Sorry, to rain the party, but Cocoon is definetly not the first web
framework having continuations...those who talked to me about
flow might know to which framework I'm referring to...

But, we might be the first open source framework having continuations.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG

Re: People on the list.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am very happy today. I see that the project is growing very fast. This
> is nice. Just the lastest greats events:
>
> 1-Cocoon 2.1 CVS more stable than ever (new cache subsystem)
> 2-Cocoon was raised to be a flag project of ASF!
> 3-New wiki.cocoondev.org
> 4-New calendar "Mens of Cocoon" that will improve marketing. ;-)
> 5-New transformer to generate charts!
> 6-Efforts in XForms and his connectivity with Databases.

don't forget flow! Cocoon is going to be remembered as the project who
first project who introduced a serious architecture for
continuation-based web development.

One day, you'll hear yourself saying "I remember the days when I had to
save the state of my web application by myself in sessions" and you'll
feel old, like when you hear people speaking about punch cards now.

We are writing technology history, people, one word at a time.

> That events tell me that Cocoon is going in the right way! Well done guys!

Thank you. These comments are very appreciated.

> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
>

> P.S: Just curious. How many people are subscribed on the users and devel
> list of Cocoon?

Last time I checked 600 on -dev and 1300 on -users.

Pier, you have access to those archives, can you update us?

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>