Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Paolo Pozzan <pa...@apache.org> on 2013/05/19 17:50:16 UTC

Auth error in Pootle

Hi, Today I'm trying to access pootle but I get this error:

Unknown password hashing algorithm
'LDAP_MHXgdmN5sxKNHMeS9JYB4JLHHgtckJCV'. Did you specify it in the
PASSWORD_HASHERS setting?

Can someone please help me on this?
Thanks.

Paolo

Re: Auth error in Pootle

Posted by Paolo Pozzan <pa...@apache.org>.
Il 19/05/2013 18:44, Andrea Pescetti ha scritto:
> Paolo Pozzan wrote:
>> Hi, Today I'm trying to access pootle but I get this error:
>> Unknown password hashing algorithm
>> 'LDAP_MHXgdmN5sxKNHMeS9JYB4JLHHgtckJCV'. Did you specify it in the
>> PASSWORD_HASHERS setting?
>> Can someone please help me on this?
>
> I get the same error if I use a wrong password, and indeed the error
> message seems rather misleading in this case. But with the right
> password (my committer password, and using just "pescetti" as username)
> it works. In case of doubt, you can always reset your password at
> https://id.apache.org/

Thanks Andrea, you are right.
I was fooled by the fact that a wrong username leads to a more polished
error. Maybe either Pootle or the Apache LDAP server break the
communication protocol?

Paolo

Re: Auth error in Pootle

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Paolo Pozzan wrote:
> Hi, Today I'm trying to access pootle but I get this error:
> Unknown password hashing algorithm
> 'LDAP_MHXgdmN5sxKNHMeS9JYB4JLHHgtckJCV'. Did you specify it in the
> PASSWORD_HASHERS setting?
> Can someone please help me on this?

I get the same error if I use a wrong password, and indeed the error
message seems rather misleading in this case. But with the right
password (my committer password, and using just "pescetti" as username)
it works. In case of doubt, you can always reset your password at
https://id.apache.org/

Regards,
   Andrea.