Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rajeev Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 20:34:05 UTC

[SOLVED]: Need to disable session interceptor

I did not have <%@ page session="false"> in the jsps which were included
in other jsps using <s:include>. I put <%@ page session="false"> in all
the jsp pages and there are no more sessions created.

Thank you guys for the quick help.

Peter,

I am using 2.1.6 and don't have sessions created any more. Are you sure
i18n interceptor in 2.1.7 creates the session for every client? Should
2.1.6 and 2.1.7 have differences like this? it should be a minor release
with no major changes. That's just my guess and interested to know your
opinion.

--
Rajeev Sharma
Sr. Software Engineer

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Rajeev Sharma wrote:
> I am not using session or cookies at all in my application right now. So
> I guess adding cookie listener doesn't make any sense to be added to
> JMeter test case. I shall use cookies later and shall add cookie
> listener to test my application. I don't want to store any data in web
> server so will not use sessions, rather shall store userid in cookie and
> fetch users data from memcache from cache machine based on the cookie.

So you might as well have JMeter have a cookie listener so it simulates
the browser.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Peter Phillips <pe...@googlemail.com>.
>From Rajeev's earlier emails:

"I am developing an application which does not need to use sessions at all."
"I opened some pages on my application and found there was one session
created for my browser and others for other clients, So I guess this
has nothing to do with JMeter. Sessions are being created for every
client."

Therefore I think adding page session="false" is the correct solution
in his case and he has no need for the cookie listener in JMeter as no
cookies will be created!

Peter.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.