Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/14 15:23:51 UTC

Refactoring the KReS module

Dear all,
this is to share the discussion about the renaming/splitting of the
KReS module started in STANBOL-39.

The main reason is:
- remove acronyms and give functionality-oriented names
- better modularization, in particular wrt issues with LGPL
dependencies, which could be overcame in parallel.

So this is the proposal:

Project folder (POM)     Bundle
                         Description

dependencies*             -
                               // This is to share the OWLApi
dependency. This is LGPL so it is isolated for the moment (See
Stanbol-
- owlapi                       org.apache.stanbol.dependency.owlapi

ontologymanager            -
                              // This inculdes functionalities to
support OWL ontologies
- ontonet
org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.ontonet           // This is the
Ontology Network Manager, which let exploit ontologies as Task
oriented sets
- dataaccess**
org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.dataaccess      // This is the
coming Persistencestore component from IKS
- web                           org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.web
               // This will host REST services related to
ontologymanagement (from both ontonet and dataaccess)

rules                           -
                                       // This inculdes
functionalities to support rules
- manager                    org.apache.stanbol.rules.manager
                   // Create rules and pack them in recipes
- refactor                      org.apache.stanbol.rules.refactor
                        // Run rules over RDF graphs/files
- web                           org.apache.stanbol.rules.web
                        // All REST services about rules and recipes

reasoners                       -
                                    // This includes functionalities
to support reasoners
- hermit*                       org.apache.stanbol.dependency.hermit
                  // Hermit reasoner (LGPL issue: STANBOL-25)
- owllink*                      org.apache.stanbol.dependency.owllink
                   // Hermit reasoner (LGPL issue: STANBOL-26)
- web                           org.apache.stanbol.reasoners.web
                     // All REST services about  reasoning. This
should also host the reasoning capabilities from the coming
Persistencestore component?

reengineer                      -
                                   // This includes re-engineering
functionalities
- mysql*                        org.apache.stanbol.dependency.mysql
- xerces*                       org.apache.stanbol.dependency.xerces
- db                            org.apache.stanbol.reengineer.db
                      // Reengineering from DBMS sources to RDF graphs
- xml                           org.apache.stanbol.reengineer.xml
                     // Reengineering from XML sources to RDF graphs
- web                           org.apache.stanbol.reengineer.web
                    // All REST services about reengineering

(*) These are dependencies which should, in a separate step, be
removed as projects and left as package dependencies in each pom.
(**) There is a discussion about this name (store? dataaccess? persistence?)

Cheers
Enrico

--
Enrico Daga

--
http://www.enridaga.net
skype: enri-pan

Re: Refactoring the KReS module

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Fabian Christ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/3/23 Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Suat Gonul <su...@srdc.com.tr> wrote:
>>
>>> I would propose "resourcemanager" name as the component contains mainly CRUD
>>> functionalities on ontologies resources and previous "dataaccess" is a bit
>>> unclear. What is your opinion?
>>>
>> stanbol/ontologymanager/{name}
>>
>> in that case one could even call it just "store" because
>>
>> stanbol/ontologymanager/store
>>
>> also sounds reasonable
>>

> Yes, that was my point. I don't see any confusion here. As a sub
> package of ontologymanager it is clear that this store is exclusively
> for the ontologymanager.

Thanks for the comments. Then we will update the name as "store" and
migrate the packages to Stanbol in a few days.

Suat

Re: Refactoring the KReS module

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Suat Gonul <su...@srdc.com.tr> wrote:
> I would propose "resourcemanager" name as the component contains mainly CRUD
> functionalities on ontologies resources and previous "dataaccess" is a bit
> unclear. What is your opinion?

If it stores ontologies than why not calling it

ontologystore
ontologymanager

> After having a decision on the name, we will do the necessary updates on the
> code and integrate it under the current "ontologymanager" directory.

What is the actual directory?

stanbol/ontologymanager/{name}

in that case one could even call it just "store" because

stanbol/ontologymanager/store

also sounds reasonable

best
Rupert

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@srdc.com.tr>.
Hi everybody,

The naming discussion of persistencestore component is still open.

As a summary, this package will be a subpackage of
"org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager" and Fabian proposed simply having
"persistence" or "store" which may still be confusing with Clerezza's
TcManager and underlying Jena triple store.

I would propose "resourcemanager" name as the component contains mainly
CRUD functionalities on ontologies resources and previous "dataaccess"
is a bit unclear. What is your opinion?

After having a decision on the name, we will do the necessary updates on
the code and integrate it under the current "ontologymanager" directory.

Thanks,
Suat

--
Suat Gönül

Software Research, Development and Consultation Ltd.
ODTU Silikon Blok 1. Kat No:14
Middle East Technical University Campus
06531 Ankara TURKEY

Phone: +90 (312) 210 1763