Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/09/22 11:50:47 UTC

BrooklynEntityMirror

Hi.

I was looking at the #181 pull request:

- https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/181

I see that there is a new entity, BrooklynEntityMirror, and it looks
like it allows access to a remote BrooklynNode's entity as a proxy,
and this PR adds mirroring of effectors.

I had created a DelegateEntity for use in various situations,
including QuarantineGroup and DynamicMultiGroup children, that mirrors
the sensors of another entity, albeit in the same server. This is
configurable in Groups as MEMBER_DELEGATE_CHILDREN to allow access to
entities that are members, rather than children, and will present a
link to the original entity.

I think that BrooklynEntityMirror and DelegateEntity should be
combined, as their functionality seems complementary, so once #181 is
merged I suggest we do this. I think that the BrooklynEntityMirror
could perhaps be refactored as a special case of a DelegateEntity with
local sensor and effector access. The BrooklynEntityMirror could then
extend DelegateEntity to add the remote access code?

Does this seem reasonable?

Cheers,
Andrew.
--