Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/02 17:33:10 UTC

Success breeds interest, begets momentum, drives project

Hi -

This week at ApacheCon @ home was terrific.  A big shout out goes to Javier
for all of the work he did to organize the first ever Fineract track.  In
some sense, the online version was probably a much better format for this
group, especially for the first time.  I get the sense that we built some
important momentum.

The ApacheCon organizers will be rendering the videos and posting them to
youtube in the coming days and weeks.  Once those are up, we should link to
them... probably from the Blog section of our wiki.  @Javier Borkenztain
 big thank you.

The "Birds of a Feather" discussions at the end of each day...were some of
the most useful discussions about the future directions and challenges
facing the Software Integrators and builders of the fineract platform(s).
The last day session lasted until after 2am in the morning for our friends
in Europe and I think one person stayed on past 3am in India.  You all get
the "night owl" award.

A few JIRA tickets were created related to some priorities we identified
and I hope others will chime in with either comments or new email threads
that cover new specific topics.

Modularize Fineract to allow something like e.g. the Pentaho integration to
be built and run separately
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1127

Automated Load Testing Scenarios and Tooling
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1170

I think the interest shown by the community of developers and software
integrators demonstrates a very positive progression.  As Micheal pointed
out in his talk, we've had a lot of renewed interest in the past 12 months
on the fineract1.x platform.  We also heard from some software integrators
about the directions that they would like to see taken by the community on
both Fineract1.x and Fineract-CN and we hope to see those projects get on
the upstream.  We heard about the work around AI for All as it applies to
the project and we got a taste of the solution set around payments
integration with Mojaloop and the new efforts around authentication.  We
also got to hear about the importance of the project to financial inclusion
and the need for a broad digital public good around G2P (govt to person)
transfer payments.

I am sure others have their take-aways, mine is that Success breeds
interest, begets momentum, drives project.  Wishing you a happy Friday and
a good weekend, be well.

@jdailey

Re: Success breeds interest, begets momentum, drives project

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
Yeah, it was a great ApacheCon!

BTW Slides from Fineract track on
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17ahcInsVSu5R00BaJKfCs_wh2XnCtLh4