Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ji...@accenture.com on 2013/05/13 13:55:52 UTC

Perl module not reading/setting PerlSetEnv command on apache start

Gentlemen,

I need urgent help from you in fixing issue related to apache mobile filter 3.53. On putting below AMF configuration in apache httpd conf file I am not able to start apache.

Below is the AMF configuration I have added in httpd conf:

#
#Configuration AMF Filter
#
PerlSetEnv AMFMobileHome /home/AMF
#PerlSetEnv AMFProductionMode true
PerlSetEnv CacheDirectoryStore /home/soni498/AMF/cache/
PerlTransHandler +Apache2::AMF51DegreesFilter

#
#Configuration Switcher
#

PerlSetEnv WildCardRedirect false
PerlSetEnv ForceTabletAsFullBrowser false
PerlSetEnv FullBrowserUrl http://sz1061.app.gen.local:83
PerlSetEnv MobileVersionUrl http://sz1061.app.gen.local:83/m/
PerlTransHandler +Apache2::AMFSwitcher

-------------8<---------- Start Bug Report ------------8<----------
1. Problem Description:

  Perl module not reading/setting the PerlSetEnv command, hence not getting CacheDirectoryStore value while stating apache. See error below:
(1) While starting below error we are getting
# ./apachectl.e.83 -k start
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - -------                 APACHE MOBILE FILTER V3.54                  -------
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - ------- support http://groups.google.com/group/amf-device-detection -------
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - AMF51DegreesFilter module Version 3.54
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - AMFCheckVersione is false, AMF don't check the last version.
09/05/13 - 12:05:17 - CacheDirectoryStore not exist.    Please set the variable CacheDirectoryStore into httpd.conf, (the directory must be writeable)

(2) In apache logs we are getting below error:
[Mon May 13 13:16:39 2013] [info] mod_ssl/2.2.20 compiled against Server: Apache/2.2.20, Library: OpenSSL/0.9.8k
Mon May 13 13:16:39 2013] [error] ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) exit was called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.2/Apache2/AMF51DegreesFilter.pm line 128Compilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 2.\n
failed to load Apache2::AMF51DegreesFilter package

2. Used Components and their Configuration:

*** mod_perl version 2.000007

*** using /home/soni498/mod_perl-2.0.7/lib/Apache2/BuildConfig.pm

*** Makefile.PL options:
  MP_APR_LIB     => aprext
  MP_APXS        => /usr/apache02/httpd_2.2.20/bin/apxs
  MP_COMPAT_1X   => 1
  MP_GENERATE_XS => 1
  MP_LIBNAME     => mod_perl
  MP_USE_DSO     => 1

*** /usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.20 (Unix)
Server built:   Feb  5 2013 08:10:24
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:28
Server loaded:  APR 1.4.5, APR-Util 1.3.12
Compiled using: APR 1.4.5, APR-Util 1.3.12
Architecture:   32-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
  threaded:     no
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
-D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
-D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
-D APR_HAS_MMAP
-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
-D APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
-D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
-D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
-D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
-D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd/bin/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
-D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
-D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

*** /usr/bin/ldd /usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd/bin/httpd
        libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2
        libaprutil-1.so.0 =>     /usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0
        libexpat.so.0 =>         /usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd/lib/libexpat.so.0
        libiconv.so.2 =>         /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2
        libapr-1.so.0 =>         /usr/httpd2.2.20/httpd/lib/libapr-1.so.0
        libuuid.so.1 =>  /lib/libuuid.so.1
        libsendfile.so.1 =>      /lib/libsendfile.so.1
        librt.so.1 =>    /lib/librt.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/libsocket.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/libnsl.so.1
        libpthread.so.1 =>       /lib/libpthread.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        libaio.so.1 =>   /lib/libaio.so.1
        libmd.so.1 =>    /lib/libmd.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2
        libscf.so.1 =>   /lib/libscf.so.1
        libdoor.so.1 =>  /lib/libdoor.so.1
        libuutil.so.1 =>         /lib/libuutil.so.1
        libgen.so.1 =>   /lib/libgen.so.1
       /lib/libm/libm_hwcap1.so.2
        /platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise/lib/libc_psr.so.1

*** (apr|apu)-config linking info

-L/usr/apache02/httpd_2.2.20/lib -laprutil-1     -lexpat -liconv
 -L/usr/apache02/httpd_2.2.20/lib -lapr-1 -luuid -lsendfile -lrt -lsocket -lnsl  -lpthread

*** /usr/local/bin/perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 14 subversion 2) configuration:

  Platform:
    osname=solaris, osvers=2.10, archname=sun4-solaris-thread-multi
    uname='sunos sz1061 5.10 generic_147440-19 sun4u sparc sunw,sparc-enterprise '
    config_args='-de -Dcc=gcc'
    hint=previous, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
    useithreads=define, usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define, d_sfio=undef, uselargefiles=define, usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef, use64bitall=undef, uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='gcc', ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV',
    optimize='-O',
    cppflags='-D_REENTRANT -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV'
    ccversion='', gccversion='3.4.6', gccosandvers='solaris2.10'
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=4321
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', lseeksize=8
    alignbytes=8, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib '
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib
    libs=-lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm -lpthread -lc
    perllibs=-lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm -lpthread -lc
    libc=/lib/libc.so, so=so, useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
    gnulibc_version=''
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-G -L/usr/local/lib'

  Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV
                        PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_MALLOC_WRAP
                        PERL_PRESERVE_IVUV PERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV USE_ITHREADS
                        USE_LARGE_FILES USE_PERLIO USE_PERL_ATOF
                        USE_REENTRANT_API
  Built under solaris
  Compiled at Feb  5 2013 10:37:08
  %ENV:
    PERL_LWP_USE_HTTP_10="1"
  @INC:
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.2/sun4-solaris-thread-multi
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.2
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14.2/sun4-solaris-thread-multi
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14.2
    .

*** Packages of interest status:

Apache2            : -
Apache2::Request   : -
CGI                : 3.52
ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.57_05
LWP                : 6.05
mod_perl           : -
mod_perl2          : 2.000007

3. This is the core dump trace: (if you get a core dump):

  [CORE TRACE COMES HERE]

This report was generated by t/REPORT on Mon May 13 11:27:44 2013 GMT.

-------------8<---------- End Bug Report --------------8<----------

Note: Complete the rest of the details and post this bug report to
modperl <at> perl.apache.org. To subscribe to the list send an empty
email to modperl-subscribe@perl.apache.org.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Jitendra Soni
KPN - Application Development
Accenture | Bangalore INDIA
Mailto : jitendra.soni@accenture.com
Mobile : (+91) 99 860 298 97

________________________________
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

RE: Perl module not reading/setting PerlSetEnv command on apache start

Posted by Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr>.
Le mardi 14 mai 2013 à 06:43 +0000, jitendra.soni@accenture.com a
écrit :
> I tried with /AMF path also with folder owner as "nobody" then also while starting apache its saying CacheDirectoryStore not exits.I tried following steps:
>
> (1) sudo su (that is for root user login)
> (2) Created folder AMF with owner as nobody.
> (3) Set PerlSetEnv CacheDirectoryStore /AMf
> (4) Restarted apache and got error CacheDirectoryStore not exits.
>
> Don't know what is missing from my side??

Can you try with the usual user (www-data) for Apache and your
directories/paths owned all the way by www-data, just to see if that
makes a difference?

--
Salutations, Vincent Veyron
http://vincentveyron.com

Re: Perl module not reading/setting PerlSetEnv command on apache start

> I tried with /AMF path also with folder owner as "nobody" then also while
>starting apache its saying CacheDirectoryStore not exits.I tried following
>steps:
>
> (1) sudo su (that is for root user login)
> (2) Created folder AMF with owner as nobody.
> (3) Set PerlSetEnv CacheDirectoryStore /AMf
> (4) Restarted apache and got error CacheDirectoryStore not exits.
>
> Don't know what is missing from my side??

Neither do we, really.
You may have better luck a the the support address for the add-on module that
you are using :
http://groups.google.com/group/amf-device-detection -

> Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
>
> Jitendra Soni
> KPN - Application Development
> Accenture | Bangalore INDIA
> Mailto : jitendra.soni@accenture.com

Hi Jitendra,

Have you tried dumping your %ENV settings with a .cgi script to be
sure CacheDirectoryStore is picked up?
The reason I ask is because of this bit of code in Apache2::AMF51DegreesFilter:
  if ($ENV{CacheDirectoryStore}) {
	$cachedirectorystore=$ENV{CacheDirectoryStore};
	$CommonLib->printLog("CacheDirectoryStore is: $cachedirectorystore");   } else
{ 	  $CommonLib->printLog("CacheDirectoryStore not exist.	Please set the
variable CacheDirectoryStore into httpd.conf, (the directory must be
writeable)"); 	  ModPerl::Util::exit();         }

I believe that's the code logging your error and exiting. Given that,
double-check that CacheDirectoryStore is actually being set in your %ENV.
In the past, I've found dumping %ENV to be an easy way to check. A quick search
will deliver a .cgi that can do that for you.

Also, due to the way the error is logged, I'm not convinced you actually have a
write-ability issue on the directory.
It looks like "must be writeable" is a thrown-in comment as there doesn't seem
to be an actual check if the dir is writable or not. That's unfortunate if so,
but perhaps I'm misreading the error above...

Double-check your location in httpd.conf that you set CacheDirectoryStore and
dump out %ENV to be sure it's there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jayson

Re: Perl module not reading/setting PerlSetEnv command on apache start

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On 14/05/13 09:57, jitendra.soni@accenture.com wrote:
> I posted the issue on AMF group only then they said to post query to
> apache perl group.Is there any other forum where I can get solution
> for this issue?

I didn't follow this thread. So, please ignore if this has been asked
before.

What handler are you using? modperl or perl-script?

What PerlOptions?

If your handler is modperl try perl-script or

  PerlOptions +SetupEnv

Torsten

RE: Perl module not reading/setting PerlSetEnv command on apache start

Posted by ji...@accenture.com.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Hi.

You need help, but probably not from this list. You need help from someone who knows
- about user/directory permissions on the specific platform that you are using, apparently
"sunos sz1061 5.10 generic_147440-19 sun4u sparc sunw,sparc-enterprise", and specifically
about the user "nobody" on that platform
- about running Apache on this platform under a user-id different from "nobody", and the
corresponding security implications

The problem that you are having has nothing to do with perl or mod_perl per se.  You would
have the same problem with any Apache add-on module which tries to write to a disk file,
whether that module is written in C or any other language.

The point is not that the PerlSetEnv is not working. It seems to be working fine.
The point is that the add-on module runs under the same user-id as Apache itself; and it
tries to write to a disk directory to which (apparently) this user-id has no write permission.
So you need to change either the user-id of Apache, or the permissions of the directory,
but neither of these changes is "neutral" in terms of the system security. That's why you
need competent help at that level.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
The error message says :