Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Yaniv Waldman <ya...@benarit.com> on 2023/05/22 07:36:39 UTC

hello

Hello
I hope you can assist me

I had to reinstall collabnet subversion svn server, and some of my repositories are not working.
I assume it’s because different versions.

My svn server is 3.3.1

The error is –

Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\csvn\lib\viewvc\viewvc.py", line 4872, in main request.run_viewvc() File "C:\csvn\lib\viewvc\viewvc.py", line 321, in run_viewvc self.repos.open() File "C:\csvn\lib\viewvc\vclib\svn\svn_repos.py", line 387, in open self.repos = repos.svn_repos_open(self.rootpath) File "C:\csvn\lib\svn-python\libsvn\repos.py", line 211, in svn_repos_open return _repos.svn_repos_open(*args) SubversionException: 160043 - Expected FS format between '1' and '4'; found format '6

I think I need to upgrade to version 4.0.11
But I can’t find any site with this installation file.

Can you help me with that please  ?

Yaniv
Benarit LTD

Re: hello

Posted by Pavel Lyalyakin via dev <de...@subversion.apache.org>.
On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 1:48 PM Yaniv Waldman <ya...@benarit.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I hope you can assist me
>

> I had to reinstall collabnet subversion svn server, and some of my repositories are not working.
>
> I assume it’s because different versions.
>

> My svn server is 3.3.1
>

> The error is –
>

> Python Traceback
>

> Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\csvn\lib\viewvc\viewvc.py", line 4872, in main request.run_viewvc() File "C:\csvn\lib\viewvc\viewvc.py", line 321, in run_viewvc self.repos.open() File "C:\csvn\lib\viewvc\vclib\svn\svn_repos.py", line 387, in open self.repos = repos.svn_repos_open(self.rootpath) File "C:\csvn\lib\svn-python\libsvn\repos.py", line 211, in svn_repos_open return _repos.svn_repos_open(*args) SubversionException: 160043 - Expected FS format between '1' and '4'; found format '6
>

> I think I need to upgrade to version 4.0.11
>
> But I can’t find any site with this installation file.
>

> Can you help me with that please  ?
>

> Yaniv
>
> Benarit LTD

The actual error is "Expected FS format between '1' and '4'; found
format '6". It appears that your repositories were created with a more
recent format (or upgraded to it with `svnadmin upgrade`) and your
outdated SVN Edge installation doesn't know how to work with them.
AFAIK, SVN Edge 3.3.x was linked with SVN 1.7.x, and SVN Edge 4.0.x
was linked with SVN 1.8.x that introduced a new version of the
repository format. So I guess that installing SVN Edge 4.0.x will
resolve that error.

Two important notes:
* The latest and current version of SVN is 1.14.x. SVN versions 1.7.x
and 1.8.x are not supported, so your SVN Edge versions are linked
against outdated and non-supported versions of SVN.
* You've contacted a wrong mailing list. All SVN usage questions
should be posted to the users@ mailing list[1].

With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin
VisualSVN Team

Update WANdisco links on /packages.html (Was: Re: Hello)

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>.
Den ons 24 maj 2023 kl 21:58 skrev Doug Robinson <doug.robinson@wandisco.com
>:

> WANdisco stopped requiring registration to download Subversion binaries a
> while ago.  Please check out [4].
> Can we get the Apache website updated?

Thanks Doug for pointing this out. I've updated the website in r1910032 and
merged to site/publish in r1910034.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Re: Hello

Posted by Doug Robinson <do...@wandisco.com>.
Daniel:

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 8:58 AM Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> From the paths in the error message, it seems you are running your server
> on Windows. There are two different vendors listed on the Binary packages
> webpage [3], you can probably download one of them and configure to use the
> existing repositories.
> [3] https://subversion.apache.org/packages.html#windows

WANdisco stopped requiring registration to download Subversion binaries a
while ago.  Please check out [4].
Can we get the Apache website updated?

Cheers.

Doug

[4] https://wandisco.com/source-code-management/subversion
--
*DOUGLAS B ROBINSON* SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER

T +1 925 396 1125
*E* doug.robinson@wandisco.com

--

 <https://wandisco.com/>

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE
CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED

If this message was
misdirected, WANdisco, plc. and its subsidiaries, ("WANdisco") does not
waive any confidentiality or privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us immediately and destroy the message without
disclosing its contents to anyone. Any distribution, use or copying of this
email or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is
unauthorized. The views and opinions expressed in this email message are
the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of WANdisco,
unless the author is authorized by WANdisco to express such views or
opinions on its behalf. All email sent to or from this address is subject
to electronic storage and review by WANdisco. Although WANdisco operates
anti-virus programs, it does not accept responsibility for any damage
whatsoever caused by viruses being passed.

Re: Hello

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>.
I'm afraid the reply you already received on the dev@ list [1] is about the
best reply you can get: You need to find and install a newer version of the
Subversion Edge server. Unfortunately it seems that Collab.Net (now part of
Digital.AI) has decided to remove Subversion Edge from their website. (In a
related e-mail thread, it has been decided that the Subversion project will
remove the links to Collab.Net from the Binary packages webpage[3], since
it doesn't offer a download anymore).

From the paths in the error message, it seems you are running your server

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/cshn51y8psq4n4nt8lxz31b6nxjrqc1f
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/lyzrdm9hr7fo5z21zho72j8n3kx2h4b7