Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ol...@airfrance.fr on 2002/07/11 17:39:53 UTC

Really dynamic forms

Hi !

Contrary to DynaActionForm which are rather declarative forms than dynamic
forms, I have a need for building forms that are parametric. For instance,
the Internet user specifies the number of elements he requires, and the
system builds dynamically a JSP form containing as many fields as the given
number. For instance, for a trip, he gives the number of passengers (let's
say 3) and the next form he sees contains 3 fields named for instance
passengerName1, passengerName2 and passengerName3.
Since I don't know how many fields there will be, how can I design an
ActionForm handling this ? If I were to use a DynaActionForm, I would
nonetheless be compelled to specify the fields in the struts-config.xml
file.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for your help.

Olivier Schmeltzer

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et secrets. Ce message est adresse a l'individu ou l'entite dont les coordonnees figurent ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le bon destinataire, nous vous demandons de ne pas lire, copier, utiliser ou divulguer cette communication. Nous vous prions de notifier cette erreur a l'expediteur et d'effacer immediatement cette communication de votre systeme.

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or entity adressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others ;also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.