Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by guy311 <gu...@msn.com> on 2005/06/19 10:43:29 UTC

[users@httpd] apchae not starting with jew1.4

I hav a wierd problem recently we moved from jre1.3 to jre 1.4
we configed all the JAVA_HOME and PATH parameters correctly.

we prepared a .bat file that looks like this:

java -Djava.endorsed.dirs="..\common\endorsed"    -classpath
"\bootstrap.jar"  -Dcatalina.base=".."   -Dcatalina.home=".."
-Djava.io.tmpdir="..\temp"   org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
start

and put it in the server bin directory.
with this parameters the server started with jre 1.4

if we start the server from windows services with a Path to excute

D:\%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe

the server looks for the 1.3 jre installation that was there before.
he fails to locate  the directory  and he's startup fails.

all the paramters (like JAVA_HOME) are pointing to the jre1.4
installation.

we thought the service will start with jre1.4

could any one explain why this happens and what are the steps to fix
this?
the problem is the service won't start  with jre 1.4

[users@httpd] Thanks

Posted by guy311 <gu...@msn.com>.
Thanks 4 the replay I'll try there

Re: [users@httpd] apchae not starting with jew1.4

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/19/05, guy311 <gu...@msn.com> wrote:
> I hav a wierd problem recently we moved from jre1.3 to jre 1.4
> we configed all the JAVA_HOME and PATH parameters correctly.

This looks like a tomcat-related requestion.  You'll probably want to
head over here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/
to find a better mailing list.

Joshua.