Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Andreas Harth <an...@harth.org> on 2016/06/01 09:36:38 UTC

Re: future of commons rdf?

Hi Stian,

> Thanks Andreas! This looks very promising. How long are you committed
> to staying on Java 7..? :)

we've just switched from 1.6.  A lot of servers and mobile phones do not
support 1.8.

> I'm also interested in your views on my proposed Quad & Dataset support:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/pull/19

I'll have to have a look.  Right now we model context/graph names using
internal Java objects, as we do elaborate provenance tracking.

> and also relevant - how we can make a general interface for parsing
> and writing? (I can look closer at NxParser interfaces perhaps)
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/pull/21

Using other people's parsers was a key motivation for looking into
commons-rdf.  But I'm happy with commons-rdf right now... "a little
agreement is better than no agreement", as danbri says.

Cheers,
Andreas.