Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mick Szucs <mi...@magma.ca> on 2005/05/17 15:12:02 UTC

SpamAssassin 3.0.3 errors - connect(AF_INET) to spamd at 127.0.0.1 failed - attempt 2

I sent this in on Friday last week and didn't attract any responses.
Any insight would be appreciated.  I've seen this behaviour once since
then, despite my cronjob restarting spamd every 4 hours.

Should I just open a bug report?

----

I'm running spamassassin 3.0.3 as a "proxy" on three mail servers.  This
morning at 2am one of the three (but not the other two) started spewing
a lot of

spamc[8000]: connect(AF_INET) to spamd at 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying (#1
of 3)

and did not identify any messages as spam until a user complained and I
restarted spamd a few minutes ago.

Any ideas as to what's going on and what I can do to keep it from
happening again?  As a kludge for now I'm going to have cron restart
spamd every few hours.

Mick

----