Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Muller <mm...@theworld.com> on 2004/06/02 23:55:24 UTC

validating indexed properties

I have a form with a list of 10 assets.  Each asset has a name and a
cash value.  I've successfully set up the validator to catch when a
non-numeric cash value is entered.  I would like to display a little
exclamation point icon next to the field with the bad cash value.

Is this possible?  I don't see any support in the "messagesPresent" tag
for indexed properties, nor do I see any support for indexed items in
ActionMessages.

Thanks for your help,

   -- Mike

Re: validating indexed properties

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
No there isn't, but I think it would be a good idea to add "indexed"
attribute to the errors/messages tags.

Why not create an enhancment request in bugzilla and even better, post a
patch.

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Niall