Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Severin Ecker <se...@gmx.at> on 2007/07/08 14:08:06 UTC

copy 'resources' to arbitrary directory

Hi,

I seem to just can't figure out how i can copy files from an arbitrary
location to an arbitrary location.
I have some XML schema files in my source directory and since i'm using
these as source they clearly don't fit in the resource directory. so i
guess to have them automatically copied to the target dir i should just
add the location they're in as a resource directory right?

(i've tried some different configurations but couldn't even get that
working... could someone please enlighten me what's wrong with this,
because it's being ignored and only the default resource directory is
being processed?
<build>
  <plugins>
    <!-- .... -->
    <plugin>
      <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
        <resources>
          <resource>
            <directory>src/main/xsd</directory>
          </resource>
        </resources>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>
)

anyway. i need those resources in some specific directory in the output,
not just in target/classes but target/classes/mydir. what i don't want
is to reflect this specific output need in the source directories.

in short.. is there any way in maven to copy files or do i have to write
an ant task for that?

thanks in advance!
cheers,
severin

Re: copy 'resources' to arbitrary directory

Posted by Severin Ecker <se...@gmx.at>.
hi,

hmm, either i'm stupid or i spelled something wrong, cause when i tried
this last time, maven told me that's an incorrect pom according to the
schema.
let's try with copy&paste this time ;)

thanks though

cheers,
severin

Posted by Severin Ecker <se...@gmx.at>.
hi,

well the targetPath was actually all that i needed. i couldn't find that
one anywhere in the resource plugin page, might be worth adding it
somewhere (e.g. in the examples)

cheers,
severin

Posted by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com>.

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 7/8/07, Severin Ecker <se...@gmx.at> wrote:

> I seem to just can't figure out how i can copy files from an arbitrary
> location to an arbitrary location.

I think most people use the antrun plugin and a 'copy' task for that.
By convention, resources belong  in src/main/resources and get copied
to target/classes.

I see you've found another way to do it... if you'd like, you can add
an example to the wiki page for the resources plugin:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/MavenPlugins

--
Wendy