Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> on 2007/01/11 02:39:15 UTC

request

Hi,

I'd like to make a modest request... if those who know how could add a
little something to the <description> element in the various poms, I
think it would help make the source base more broadly accessible, i.e.
beyond the inner circle of people who have done the heavy lifting...
:-)  And going forward, IMHO all new modules should include some kind
of "what is this?" readme info in the pom description.

For instance (and this is just a "for instance"...), I see that we have
cocoon-sitemap-components and cocoon-pipeline-components, and I have no
clue why a component should be in one module vs. the other.  Maybe I
don't really have an urgent need to know, but probably knowing why
there are both modules and what the difference is would help me to
understand the Cocoon architecture better.

WDYAT?
—ml—

Re: request

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Mark Lundquist skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make a modest request... if those who know how could add a
> little something to the <description> element in the various poms, I
> think it would help make the source base more broadly accessible, i.e.
> beyond the inner circle of people who have done the heavy lifting...
> :-)  And going forward, IMHO all new modules should include some kind
> of "what is this?" readme info in the pom description.
Seem like a good idea.
> For instance (and this is just a "for instance"...), I see that we
> have cocoon-sitemap-components and cocoon-pipeline-components, and I
> have no clue why a component should be in one module vs. the other.
> Maybe I don't really have an urgent need to know, but probably knowing
> why there are both modules and what the difference is would help me to
> understand the Cocoon architecture better.
Read http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=116740983716752&w=2.

/Daniel