Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Johannes Schwenk <jo...@adition.com> on 2012/06/20 13:38:56 UTC

Pig 0.10.0 and Hadoop 0.23

Hi list,

I have written two UDFs that run fine with Hadoop 0.20.2 and Pig 0.10.0.
I am trying to switch from Hadoop 0.20.2 to 0.23 and am encountering
some errors on running my tests:

http://pastebin.com/JwHRQ9RQ

Might this be a simple error in configuration?

Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434

Re: Pig 0.10.0 and Hadoop 0.23

Posted by Johannes Schwenk <jo...@adition.com>.
Thanks.

Well, I did that and rebuild all pig jars with -Dhadoopversion=23 but am
still getting errors - this time around it's errors with opening an
iterator on alias b again, sigh...

I have singled out one of the similarly failing tests and pasted the output:

http://pastebin.com/reKjcX0p

The test case failing looks like this:

http://pastebin.com/L5seh0ka

And INPUT_FILE gets created correctly through @BeforeClass

http://pastebin.com/wKrH7i50

If I run the script in the grunt shell invoked like this

pig -x local -propertyFile
/home/schwenk/dev/hadoop/trunk/pig/conf/adition.properties

everything works fine and I can execute the script

grunt> a = LOAD 'input.dat' AS (id:int, grp:int, additional:int,
referer:chararray);
b = FILTER a BY com.adition.pig.filtering.string.CONTAINS(referer, 'obama');
grunt> dump b;
2012-07-03 18:11:23,032 [main] INFO
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.util.MapRedUtil - Total
input paths to process : 1
(4,323,242,http://www.google.com/url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tagesschau.de&q=barack%20obama)
(5,423,342,http://www.google.com/url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bild.de&q=obama)

and verify that the output is correct.

Any further advice on this?

Thanks,
Johannes

Johannes Schwenk

Re: Pig 0.10.0 and Hadoop 0.23

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Do "ant clean".

Re: Pig 0.10.0 and Hadoop 0.23

Posted by Johannes Schwenk <jo...@adition.com>.
Am 20.06.2012 20:21, schrieb Daniel Dai:
> Have you recompiled Pig using -Dhadoopversion=23?

No, thanks that solved the issue at hand!

I have other errors though. My test cases return errors like

http://pastebin.com/XpszYeu2

So I am still doing something wrong it seems?!

Thanks,
Johannes

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Johannes Schwenk <
> johannes.schwenk@adition.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have written two UDFs that run fine with Hadoop 0.20.2 and Pig 0.10.0.
>> I am trying to switch from Hadoop 0.20.2 to 0.23 and am encountering
>> some errors on running my tests:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/JwHRQ9RQ
>>
>> Might this be a simple error in configuration?
>>
>> Johannes Schwenk
>>
>> --
>> Softwareentwickler (Reporting)
>>
>> ADITION technologies AG
>> Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
>> 79117 Freiburg
>>
>> http://www.adition.com
>>
>> T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
>> F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
>> SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION
>>
>> (Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)
>>
>> Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
>> Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
>> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
>> UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434

Johannes Schwenk

Re: Pig 0.10.0 and Hadoop 0.23

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.