Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org> on 2012/02/27 08:14:46 UTC

[math] double as FieldElement

Hi,

I've written a wrapper class around the double primitive type. This
wrapper class implements FieldElement. This allows generic
calculations on exchangeable number types (big fractions, big
decimals, fractions, decimals). I would like to contribute this new
class to CM (3.1). This class could be called Decimal64 (together with
the corresponding Decimal64Field), and could go to the o.a.c.m3.util
package.

Do you think this might be a useful addition to Commons-Math?

Sébastien

Re: [math] double as FieldElement

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 27/02/2012 08:14, Sébastien Brisard a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've written a wrapper class around the double primitive type. This
> wrapper class implements FieldElement. This allows generic
> calculations on exchangeable number types (big fractions, big
> decimals, fractions, decimals). I would like to contribute this new
> class to CM (3.1). This class could be called Decimal64 (together with
> the corresponding Decimal64Field), and could go to the o.a.c.m3.util
> package.
>
> Do you think this might be a useful addition to Commons-Math?

Yes, I think it would be nice.

Luc