Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/17 03:10:53 UTC

Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

All,

Tried to update the status page for G 3.0.0 release, please review them and
comment on

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+3.0.0+Release+Status

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
Check the updated release status page:

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 26, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:04 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
> > Echo Jarek's response here in dev list again:
> >
> > So it looks like we have quite a bit of failures on Jetty. I guess we
> > either have to drop it from the release (if we want to release soon)
> > or try to fix it and delay the release. Thoughts?
> >
> > My thought is to drop jetty release for 3.0.0 and roll out tomcat assembly asap. Any more thoughts about 3.0.0 release??
>
> We certainly can't record jetty as a certified release. Nor does there appear to be sufficient energy in the community to certify in the near future.
>
> Can you be a bit more explicit in what you're proposing?
>
> For beta-1, Jetty was released and marked as a non-certified release.
>
> Are you proposing to:
>
> 1) release tomcat/jetty source and binaries, but mark jetty binaries as non-certified,
> 2) remove jetty from the build, but keep in source tree and only release tomcat binaries
> #2 would be what I want to proceed
> 3) remove jetty from the source tree, and only release tomcat-based source and binaries

Forrest, in the future, I encourage you to include the user community in these types of major decisions. I also encourage you to bring discussions like this to a close, before acting upon them. By this, I mean -- say that you believe we've reached consensus and that you intend to generate a release based on this...

--kevan

Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

#2 would be what I want to proceed

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com>.
Drop jetty release makes sense. +1 from my side.

--
viola

Apache Geronimo

Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
+1 to drop the jetty assembly. Looks like the community is not that keen to
jetty tck.

rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>

> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How are things with Jetty? Some user emails gave me an impression that
> > things don't look too good. If things with Jetty are looking bad then
> > we should either consider dropping it from the release or delaying the
> > release until we get it in shape.
> > Some status consolidation here about Jetty assembly in 3.0 branch:
> > 1. BV and DI tck all pass for jetty8-javaee6 assembly
> > 2. JCDI and full profile execution just triggered, we will see some
> results after two days.
> > JCDI tck against jetty8-javaee6 failed most of the cases.
> > Jetty assembly results:
> > Tests 37068
> > Passed        23616
> > Failed        13452
>
> Forrest -- too much TCK information on a public list. TCK terms may be
> improving in the future. However, until then, we should not talk about test
> names, numbers of tests, etc.

OK, got it, sorry for that.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.