Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/16 11:19:04 UTC

getChildCount returns 0 at encodeBegin

Hi,

I wonder why this happens,

public void encodeBegin(FacesContext context) throws IOException {
        log.debug("ChildCount:" + getChildCount());
}

public void encodeEnd(FacesContext context) throws IOException {
        log.debug("ChildCount:" + getChildCount());
}

For example in the jsp page, component's number of children is 3. At
encodeBegin log gives me 0 but at encodeEnd it gives 3.

Also when I override getRendersChildren to return true, encodeBegin log
gives 3 this time.

I'll be glad if you help me out,

Regards,

Cagatay,

Re: getChildCount returns 0 at encodeBegin

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Don't know if this is of any help to you, but Facelets also corrects
the component tree rendering problem if you can use Facelets.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,