Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Dussud <vi...@smile.fr> on 2001/04/05 13:25:12 UTC

struts-exemple : refresh doesn't work after subscription update

Hi,

To help me, please follow these instructions :

Launch the struts exemple.

go to : struts-example/editRegistration.do?action=Edit. I will call this
page the dashboard.

Then, add a new url and save it. You will be back to the dashboard.
If you decide to refresh the page, your browser will say something like :
"data missing for form ...". What's the problem ?
The URL is no more "struts-example/editRegistration.do?action=Edit" but
"struts-example/saveSubscription.do". If you refresh the page, the url
called needs form data which aren't present.

More over, this problem appears after all management operation (create,
update, delete). No more refresh is available !

Is there a solution ? Can i specify a 'redirect' tag instead of 'forward'
tag in the struts-config.xml (in order to have the right url :
editRegistration.do)?

Vincent

Re: struts-exemple : refresh doesn't work after subscription update

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.
Vincent Dussud wrote:
> Is there a solution ? Can i specify a 'redirect' tag instead of 'forward'
> tag in the struts-config.xml (in order to have the right url :
> editRegistration.do)?

As far as I know this is the way struts is supposed to work.

Struts is ment for building web applications,
not generic web pages.
For me that means that I don't want my users
to bookmark, cache, or use the
 <-back or forward -> arrows, on my web pages. If I
want them to be able to refresh my page I
will give them a refresh button. This may
cause frustration at first it allows the
controlling the flow the program.

Rob Leland