Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by anuja jain <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 07:54:14 UTC

Re: Running sstableloader from every node when migrating?

Hello George,
You can use sstable2json to create the json of your keyspace and then load
this json to your keyspace in new cluster using json2sstable utility.

Posted by George Sigletos <si...@textkernel.nl>.
Thank you Robert and Anuja,

It does not seem that sstable2json is the right tool to go: there is no
documentation beyond Cassandra 1.2, it requires a specific sstable to be
given, which means a lot of manual work.

The documentation also mentions it is good for testing/debugging but I
would need to migrate near 1 TB of data from a 6-node cluster to a 3-node
one. Neither copying sstables/nodetool refresh seems a great option as
well. Unless I am missing something.

Using sstableloader seems a more logical option. Still a bottleneck if you
need to do it for every node in your source cluster. What if you had a
100-node cluster?

Thinking of just running a simple script, instead, that selects data from
the source cluster and inserts them to the target one.

Kind regards,
George