Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <en...@diennea.com> on 2018/11/09 16:04:38 UTC

[CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release 4.8.1, release candidate #0

Thank you Ivan for reporting this.
Please create an issue so that we can continue the discussion and provide a fix

I am cancelling this  vote now and drop the RC0

We need to work on the fix, it is better to continue the discussion on the issue tracker

Enrico

--

Enrico Olivelli
Software Development Manager @ Diennea - MagNews

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il ven 9 nov 2018, 22:12 Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> If people runs bin/bkctl well from binary and source package, that is not a
> problem.
>
> If people use the source package to build a binary package, and the
> bin/bkctl doesn’t work. Then it is a problem of documenting the build
> steps.
>
> I will do following to fix it:
>
> - the bkctl should be built with stream and without stream. If without
> stream, it will show only bookie related commands.

Ok

> - I will update README and website about the build instructions.

Ok

> The idea of ‘stream’ is it is module. The bk build system can build
> binaries without stream module and with modules.

Ok

(Better to move off the voting thread)

Thanks
Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release 4.8.1, release candidate #0

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.