Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Boss <ba...@googlemail.com> on 2006/09/16 16:30:44 UTC

unsatisfied dependency by build the jetspeed2 (2.0.1 und 2.1-dev)

*I build from source (SVN head) using 2.0.1 und 2.1-dev plugin.*
*I following the procedure which is described in the documentation *
*(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-source.html)*
*I get following error:*

C:\Entwicklung\jetspeed2-2.01>maven war:install
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Attempting to download jetspeed-webapp-logging-2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jetspeed-webapp-logging-2.0.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

jetspeed-webapp-logging-2.0.jar

Total time: 4 seconds
Finished at: Sat Sep 16 16:18:34 CEST 2006

C:\Entwicklung\jetspeed2-2.01>

*Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem? W**hat i'm doing wrong?*

*Michael*

Re: unsatisfied dependency by build the jetspeed2 (2.0.1 und 2.1-dev)

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Michael Boss wrote:
>  >Why are you downloading the source (especially the 2.0.1 branch???)
> when you are also trying to build using the plugin?
> I use guide
> (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-source.html) for
> installation from source.
> As it is written in the documentation, so I made.   And how it is correct?
> This version 2.0.1 is necessary to me, since are there corrected some
> errors connected from
> security of constraint in PSML.
Ah, now its getting somewhat clearer to me.
If you want or need 2.0.1, you shouldn't use the 2.1-dev plugin!
Even more so, if you want to build from source, you shouldn't download/install the plugin anyway.

Step 5 on the getting-started-source.html page states that clearly:

<quote>

Instead of downloading and installing the Jetspeed 2 maven-plugin, you are going to build and install it directly from
the source. You will need to repeat this every time you update to a newer version of Jetspeed 2 or change its project
configuration, the plugin itself or the resources used by the plugin.

Build and install the maven-plugin as follows from the root directory of the Jetspeed-2 source:
   cd ${org.apache.jetspeed.project.home}
   maven initMavenPlugin

</quote>

So, forget about downloading and installing the maven-plugin (which was the wrong one anyway), and build it yourself by
running the maven initMavenPlugin goal.
Then, follow the steps on the getting-started-source.html page.

Also, I think I now know why maven kept trying to download the jetspeed-2.0 jars.
You checked out the jetspeed-2.0.1 branch source in the same directory from where you were trying to download and
running the plugin. The checked out source tree contains the jetspeed.version=2.0 definition.
And, because you didn't put you own build.properties definition in your ${USER_HOME} (as instructed on the website),
maven kept seeing the wrong version (not from the jetspeed-2.0.1 source point of view, but from the 2.1-dev plugin you
tried to use point of view ...)

I'd like to give another advise: if there isn't a pressing reason to use the 2.0.1 branch, I would go with the 2.1-dev
(trunk) source. The 2.0.1 branch was never released (and never will be) and isn't really maintained anymore.
The current trunk (2.1-dev) is in a far better shape and contains many improvements and fixes.

Posted by Michael Boss <ba...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Michael Boss <ba...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Michael Boss <ba...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Michael Boss <ba...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Michael Boss wrote:
> *My build.properties looks so:*
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.project.home = C:/Entwicklung/jetspeed2-2.01
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.server.home = C:/Entwicklung/Programme/tomcat
> org.apache.jetspeed.catalina.version.major = 5.5
> org.apache.jetspeed.server.shared = ${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home
> }/shared/lib
> org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.war.dir = ${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home
> }/webapps
> org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.user = tomcat
> org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.password = tomcat
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.portal.name=jetspeed
> jetspeed.version=2.0
                    ^^^

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but you need the 2.1-dev version of the plugin and:
- *not* have jetspeed.version defined anywhere maven might look it up
   (so the plugin will use its own internally provided version 2.1-dev)
or
- define it in your $USER_HOME/build.properties as jetspeed.version=2.1-dev.

Now, as you already did specify the correction version of the plugin you somehow still have
jetspeed.version=2.0 defined in your local directory *or* propably $USER_HOME/build.properties.

Posted by Michael Boss <ba...@googlemail.com>.
*Hi Ate,*
**

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.