Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/13 14:49:45 UTC

Mail transformation within SendMail Transformer

Hi All

I am trying to implement sendmail transformer in my publication.
Simple text mail sending works fine. I have also trying to integrate
an html in the mail content tag and its also works fine for me.

But I want my mail to be properly styled like having background images
and properly formatted. Is that possible to do that with send mail
transformer?
If yes then how can I achieve that?

Right now I am just making different html templates and then inserting
those templates into the sendmail transformers tag as data.

<sendmail:body>{my html as string}</sendmail:body>

But it does not include any css or images.

Please suggest.

--
Regards
Sachin Sharma

Re: Mail transformation within SendMail Transformer

Posted by Anish Sneh <an...@techblue.co.uk>.
> Let us know if it does support attachments as it's not mentioned in
> the Cocoon docs (although the javadoc does list an attachment field)

Sir

We can send simple attachments using
"org.apache.cocoon.mail.transformation.SendMailTransformer" transformer.
It works fine for sending normal binary attachments.

e.g. we need to add following tag with the other sendmail parameters:

<email:attachment name="myattachmentname" mime-type="image/jpeg"
url="/path/to/the/file/myfile.jpg"/>

Thanks & regards

Vik Tara wrote:
> Sachin,
>
> Let us know if it does support attachments as it's not mentioned in
> the Cocoon docs (although the javadoc does list an attachment field)
>
> Regards
>

> Vik
>
> On 01/15/2010 10:48 AM, sac sha wrote:
>> Thanks Thorsten.
>>
>> Let me try that.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Thorsten Scherler
>> <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>  wrote:

>>> You would need to use attachments for that, not sure whether sendmail
>>> transformer is doing that out of the box.
>>>
>>> salu2

>>> --
>>> Thorsten Scherler<thorsten.at.apache.org>
>>> Open Source Java<consulting, training and solutions>
>>>
>>> Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad
>>> de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Anish Sneh
Software Engineer
Techblue Softwares Pvt. Ltd.
www.technologyblueprint.co.uk

Re: Mail transformation within SendMail Transformer

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
Sachin,

Posted by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Thorsten.