Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Selvam Raman <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/10 07:38:50 UTC

Getting solr source count without using search query every time

​Hi All,

​I am using solr cloud environment to search and index the data.

Example

Source_field_s:

A,

B,

C,

 etc

​Expected result:

A(100)

B(200)

C(50),

etc

​

Data stored in solr.  Every second or 10 seconds i need to get source ​
​
​facet( A,B,C)​ to produce statistics. I do not want to disturb production
solr for this facet as it is already serving end user request and indexing
data.

i read about CDCR approach, could use CDCR(Target) to get only statistics
where as it is waste of storage. I do not worry about the data and concern
about count of all sources.

is there any internal approach available to get Stat or facet about
source_field for every second or batch whenever there is update in
index(add, delete and update).

Like CDCR, is there a way to get only source count(facet query result)
update to target in sync with source solr.

Could you please provide a approach to handle this problem?

​Thanks,

selvam R​