Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jim Gallacher <jg...@apache.org> on 2006/06/25 17:44:58 UTC

mod_python 3.2.9-rc3 available for testing

The mod_python 3.2.9-rc3 tarball is available for testing. This release
adds support for apache 2.2 as well as some other useful backports from
the development branch. For information on the changes from 3.2.8 take a
look at doc-html/node98.html in the tarball.

The only difference from 3.2.9-rc2 is that the FieldStorage
modifications (MODPYTHON-93) that were causing problems for some
applications such as Trac have been reverted. FieldStorage behaviour
should now be the same as in 3.2.8.

Here are the rules:

In order for a file to be officially announced, it has to be tested by
developers on the dev list. Anyone subscribed to this list can (and
should feel obligated to :-) ) test it, and provide feedback *to _this_
 list*! (Not the mod_python@modpython.org list, and preferably not me
personally).

The files are (temporarily) available here:

http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/
http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.2.9-rc3.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.2.9-rc3.tgz.md5

Please download it, then do the usual

$ ./configure --with-apxs=/wherever/it/is
$ make
$ (su)
# make install

Then (as non-root user!)

$ cd test
$ python test.py

And see if any tests fail. If they pass, send a +1 to the list, if they
fail, send the details (the versions of OS, Python and Apache, the test
output, and suggestions, if any).

If this tarball looks good, I'll tag it svn and create a 3.2.9 final
tarball.

Thank you for your assistance,
Jim Gallacher

Re: mod_python 3.2.9-rc3 available for testing

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
+1 Linux Debian Sid, apache 2.0.55, python 2.3.5

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@lehuen.com>.
+1 Windows XP SP2, Apache 2.0.58, ActivePython 2.4.3, mod_python 3.2.9-rc3

Nicolas

Posted by Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu>.
+1 MacOSX 10.4.6 Intel, mod_python-3.2.9-rc3, Python-2.4.2, apache-2.0.55

cheers,

Ron

Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu> (RWR3)
University of Delaware Information Technologies/Network and Systems Services
Computing Center/192 South Chapel Street/Newark DE, 19716
pgp finger print: 0D 73 06 6F D3 6A 99 D3  F5 D5 6E FF 3B B9 7C 2C

Re: mod_python 3.2.9-rc3 available for testing

Posted by Jorey Bump <li...@joreybump.com>.
+1 Linux Slackware 10.1, Apache 2.0.55, Python 2.4.1

+1 Linux Slackware 10.2, Apache 2.2.0, Python 2.4.1

+1 Linux Zenwalk 2.6, Apache 2.2.2, Python 2.4.3

Posted by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@dscpl.com.au>.
+1 Mac OS X (PPC/10.4.6), Apache 2.0.55 (mpm/worker), Python 2.3.5
(OS standard version), mod_python-3.2.9-rc3
+1 Mac OS X (PPC/10.4.6), Apache 2.2.1 (mpm/worker), Python 2.3.5 (OS

Posted by Rob Sanderson <az...@liverpool.ac.uk>.
+1

Linux (Fedora Core 4) on Intel x86, Apache 2.0.58, Python 2.4.3

Rob

--
Dr Robert Sanderson
Dept of Computer Science, University of Liverpool

Re: mod_python 3.2.9-rc3 available for testing

Posted by Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <je...@dundeemt.com>.
+1 FreeBSD 6.1 / Apache 2.2 / Python 2.4.3

--
Jeff Hinrichs
Dundee Media & Technology, Inc