Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2019/12/30 13:43:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0 round 2

Hello ShardingSphere Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating)
version 4.0.0

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/4.0.0/

Maven 2 staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheshardingsphere-1029/org/apache/shardingsphere/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/tree/4.0.0/

Release Commit ID:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/commit/f81f4f03b1dd4b426adf1f29ffe93f9540ce6fc9

Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/KEYS

Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/contribute/release/

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference:

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[ ] All files have license headers if necessary.

[ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0 round 2

Posted by zhaojun <zh...@126.com>.
+1

I have checked:

[OK] Download links are valid.
[OK] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[OK] DISCLAIMER is included.
[OK] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[OK] All files have license headers if necessary.
[OK] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

------------------
Zhao Jun (cherrylzhao)
Apache ShardingSphere & ServiceComb

Posted by Sion Yang <sc...@163.com>.
+1

Posted by guangyuan wang <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi

+1 approve.

Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月3日周五 上午10:53写道:

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Thank you for all participants, the vote had finished successfully, I will
send a new email to statistics the vote result.

------------------

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月6日周一 上午8:56写道:

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Got it.

+1 binding

Checked
1. Incubating in names
2. Compiling pass.
3. GPG checked
4. sha512 exist
5. LICENSE and NOTICE exist.

Good luck and glad to see the stable release will be available soon

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org> 于2020年1月2日周四 下午12:38写道:

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked:

Download links are valid.
PGP checked.
DISCLAIMER is included.
LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.
All files have license headers if necessary.
mvn install succeed.

--

Zhang Yonglun
Apache ShardingSphere

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2020年1月2日周四 下午6:44写道:

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your explanation, Willem.

Let me make it clear, my concern is that a public key ever signed for one release, and now this key is compromised, and although this key is in KEYS file, it could not work well.
Therefore we could not use it for verify the integrity of old release in [1] anymore.

On the one hand, we keep this key in KEY file, people would get the wrong information when verifying this legacy release, for it is a bad key; On the other hand, if we delete if from KEY file, people could not verify this release either.

So, if Liang could not use the old key for some reason anymore, he has to keep the old one well for previous release verification, and to create a new one for the coming release in the meantime. Is it right?

[1] https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi#verify

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Sure, 2 same usernames will make the checker confuse.
I prefer to re-release again for round 3 and just make sure one release
manager only have a single gpg signature.

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2020年1月2日周四 上午11:12写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.