Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/15 20:58:49 UTC

AOO as wiki editor?

Once upon a time, Sun Microsystems created a wiki editor extension for
OpenOffice.org.
I remember reading it worked, and also I remember reading comments
about it stopping working with recent versions of wiki software.

I wonder what is the current status of that extension
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/wikipublisher

And if there are any plans to either update that extension going
forward, or incorporate its functionality into AOO.

I, for instance, would welcome any information as to whether it can be
used to edit SourceForge.net project wikis in WYSIWYG mode....

Thanks in advance,
FC
- George Orwell

[UX] Re: AOO as wiki editor?

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Fernando,

Thanks for sharing. Using Writer as editor for drafting, managing and
posting social media content is a great way to keep desktop editors
relevant and extend our value proposition.

Open social integration is on the AOO UX radar, and I definitely will
capture this scenario in the wiki. A simple usage scenario describing the
user's goals, and what success looks like could help start the conversation.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: AOO as wiki editor?

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

Re: AOO as wiki editor?

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Fernando,

Leveraging the AOO editor the capture and firmat content makes sense.

Can you share your thoughts on what success looks like in terms of the user
experience? What are the steps you would expect to perform in the editor to
share your content on a wiki?

Thoughts?

Kevin Grignon
AOO UX