Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/06 18:31:34 UTC

Use solr to search in a document repository

Hi.

I'm just thinking in the option of using solr to search in a huge document
repository.
My idea is reading
documents(pdf,html,outlook,excel,doc,openoffice,powerpoint...) and extract
the information from them and index it in Solr.
Basically i'm looking for a solution to search in my documents.

Do you think solr is ok for that?
Do you have any suggestions for that?

Regards,
Sergio

Re: Use solr to search in a document repository

Posted by Pål Brattberg <pa...@subtree.se>.
Go for it, it's perfect for that!

Here's a good starting point for you: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html

/ pål