Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@sun.com> on 2009/08/07 18:53:34 UTC

OSGi TCK access for Apache

Dan,

At Apache Felix, we are gearing up for bringing our framework and
various service implementations into compliance with the OSGi R4.2
specifications. A major stumbling block in doing so is lack of access to
the R4.2 TCK for committers.

The OSGi Alliance has offered TCK access to Apache in the past, but it
was never executed because we were waiting for changes to the terms of
confidentiality in the license to reflect those offered subsequently for
the JSR 291 TCK.

If we could bring these two into alignment, then hopefully we could get
this executed within Apache and get the Felix team working on compliance
at full steam.

Thanks.

-> richard