Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Renaud Bruyeron <br...@fullsix.com> on 2006/09/26 18:19:45 UTC

servicemix-http: how do we specify the Jetty config from xbean.xml ?

I need to be able to specify a few things inside jetty (threadpool size,
  connector type, etc) when deploying http endpoints into servicemix-http.
However I can't find how to do this from within the META-INF/xbean.xml
file of my service unit (which does make sense).
I do not want to/cannot use the ant tasks or the jconsole to change the
settings via JMX.

Is there a way to do this without creating
data/smx/components/servicemix-http/workspace/components.properties ?

best regards,

  - Renaud

Re: servicemix-http: how do we specify the Jetty config from xbean.xml ?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
There's no easy way other than jmx or the properties file
which back up the configuration.  You could try
doing that using jmx programmatically, or you should be
able to do that from a SU with a bit of hacking.
You will need to create a class derived from
HttpEndpoint and override the activate method
for example.  From there, you should be able
to retrieve the component and its config
(this.serviceunit.component).

The problem is that the configuration changes
are usually effective when the component is restarted.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet