Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 23:43:30 UTC

Status of Mahout TLP

Hi everyone,
                 I am just checking on the status/plan to move to
mahout.apache.org and the corresponding changes needed as a TLP, any
estimates of when that would happen or are we still on hold for this?

Robin

Re: Status of Mahout TLP

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I thought it would be a bit less confusing if the current toplevel moved
directly to REPO/mahout/mahout instead of moving to REPO/mahout.

Re: Status of Mahout TLP

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Status of Mahout TLP

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> Assuming it passes...  (which it should.)  We'll have some heavy lifting to do for a few days/weeks before any practical part of it is noticeable, just so people have reasonable expectations.

What sort of things need to be addressed?

Website: Sounds like Robin has a handle on the redesign

SVN: Do we treat the move like a branch from /lucene/mahout to /mahout
initially, and then further commits to move things around as Benson
suggested?

Mailing lists: these are handled by infra or someone here.

Jira, Confluence -- these stay largely the same, right?

People: committer accounts need to have a mahout group added.

I'll be happy to lend a hand where I can.

Drew

Re: Status of Mahout TLP

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yup, same scheme at CXF.