Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by SUN Fuqiang <Fu...@alcatel-sbell.com.cn> on 2013/08/13 09:26:10 UTC

I am interested in ZooKeeper and has a question about its license

Can I use ZooKeeper in a commercial product? ZooKeeper has Apache V2 license, but it uses jdiff which is GNU licensed. Does it mean our product have to be open-sourced?

Best regards,

Re: I am interested in ZooKeeper and has a question about its license

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.
I don't think jdiff should affect you, it is not really part of zookeeper in the way I understand it, since you don't really run it when you're running a zookeeper client or a server, check ZOOKEEPER-371.

-Flavio