Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/21 09:31:09 UTC

Generating ejb skeleton code from wsdls

One of the steps I would like to automate is the generation of  skeleton ejb
code(for Websphere 6) from wsdls. Currently this is being done
 by creating a batch file with the following content

WSDL2Java -v -r develop-server -c ejb –I yes -o <outputFolderPath> -f
<mappingFilePath> <wsdlFilePath>
This batch file is then run from the "<Install_Dir>\runtimes\base_v6\bin"

Has anyone successfully done this? Googling has only pointed me to this :

https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/tags/mojo-sandbox-3/mojo-was/was5-maven-plugin/

--

"Don't take the name of root in vain."

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town
South Africa

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: Generating ejb skeleton code from wsdls

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 21, 2007 2:47 PM, Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 10:31 +0200, Jeff Mutonho wrote:
> > One of the steps I would like to automate is the generation of  skeleton
> ejb
> > code(for Websphere 6) from wsdls. Currently this is being done
> >  by creating a batch file with the following content
> >
> > WSDL2Java -v -r develop-server -c ejb –I yes -o <outputFolderPath> -f
> > <mappingFilePath> <wsdlFilePath>
> > This batch file is then run from the
> "<Install_Dir>\runtimes\base_v6\bin"
>
> You can use the exec plugin. IBM also provides an ant job for this,
> which you can invoke with the antrun plugin.
>
> -Olivier

Thanks.I've tried the IBM ant task , but  I can't seem find a way of specify
the mapping file.This is what sort of works :
<taskdef name="wsdl2java" classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.WSDL2Java">
  <classpath refid="lib.path"/>
 </taskdef>

 <target name="w2j">
  <wsdl2java url="C:/devenv/automation/WSDL2JAVA/User.wsdl"
  output="tmp"
  role="develop-server"
  container="EJB"
  introspect="yes"
  verbose="false">
  </wsdl2java>
 </target>

The problem is that this adds an extra _1 in the package name.The way to
ensure this does not happen is by specifying a mapping file , but I can't
seem to find a way of doing it in the target definition.I've tried adding
"inputMappingFile" , but I get "content not allowed in prolog"
error.Perhaps the exec plugin is a better option.

Posted by Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com>.