Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by albert quinn <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/14 23:29:07 UTC

Axis 2, POJO, Exceptions and Faults

  Hi !! :

  I'd like to develop a web service in Axis 2 the easiest way
possible. So, I'd like to develop a POJO, and then generate a POJO Web
Service from it with the "Axis 2 Service Archiver" Eclipse plugin.

  I'd like my POJO Web Service throwed RemoteExceptions or AxisFaults
and develop a RPCServiceClient catching that exceptions/faults,
something like this :

[web service]

if(anErrorHappened) throw AxisFault/RemoteException;

[web service]

[RPCServiceClient]
try {
returned_object = call_the_pojo_web_service(parameters);
}
catch (AxisFault e) {
  // AxisFault or RemoteException
 print_an_error(e);
}
[RPCServiceClient]

  I've been trying to do something like that but i couldn't make it
work . My test Web Service returns a String and the client receives
the AxisFault/RemoteException message throwed from the Web Service as
it was the returned value from the Web Service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so I'd
been able to know in the client side if an error happened in the
server side.

  The question is : is that scenario supported? If not... which is the
best choice to do it easy and with AxisFaults/RemoteExceptions? where
could i find more information about that (I've already read the Axis 2
docs)?

  Thanks to everybody!.

Re: Axis 2, POJO, Exceptions and Faults

Posted by albert quinn <al...@gmail.com>.
  Hi Joe !!! :

  Many thanks by your answer, I'm really a newbie in the Axis world
and I'm still lost, spending a lot of time reading the Axis 2 docs and
samples but not finding answers to thowsands of questions in that docs
and samples. So, I'm trying to find the easiest way to do what I need
quickly and in a few months (if a better Axis 2 docs and samples are
available) I'll try to do it better using my own AxisFaults, Axis 2
sessions, Rampart, and so on.

  Again, many thanks by spending your time with my newbie
questions!!!!. Regards.

Posted by Joe Nathan <jo...@yahoo.com>.