Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2002/10/14 16:37:56 UTC

ExcaliburComponentSelector.hasComponent() suggestion

In the ExcaliburComponentSelector.hasComponent() method (in current cvs
snapshot), there's a try/catch with no action in the catch block.
Actually there's the comment : "We can safely ignore all exceptions"

The problem is that if anything happens during component initialization,
there's no way to know it.
I suggest printing the Throwable using debug priority.
It shouldn't be that annoying and it lets you know the nature of the problem
if you really want to.