Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by axis cpp <ax...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/16 18:44:52 UTC

ANNOUNCEMENT : AxisC++ 1.4 final Released

Hi All;

 1.4 Final has been released and could be downloaded at

http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/

 The following features were added to this release:

 1. SSL implementation
2. Cookie based session support for the client side (AXISCPP-226)
3. SOAP header based session support for the client side (AXISCPP-238)

 The following improvements were made to this release:

 1. Create 100% C++ engine (AXISCPP-206)
2. Refactor WSDL2WS (AXISCPP-215)
3. Split client, server common includes (AXIS-219)
4. Remove pre-defined paths from Axis CPP Conf library names AXISCPP-220)
5. Eliminate warnings (AXISCPP-155)
6. Handler Tutorial (AXISCPP-244)
7. Provide access to the body of the SOAP message (AXISCPP-251)
8. Conflict in const/non-const method calls for Basic Node objects (AXISCPP-212)
9. Required support to store Complex Object properties (AXISCPP-276)
10. Provide the facility to set a new SOAP body to the DeSerializer from a Handler  (AXISCPP-301)
11. Transport that supports IPV6 (AXISCPP-217)
12. Keep Alive support for transport (AXISCPP-176)

Known Issues:

   Temporarily removed C support
   Out of the two parsers Expat and Xerces, only Xerces is supported
   AXISCPP 292 � 300
   AXISCPP-303
   AXISCPP-305
   AXISCPP-306

 Users of Axis C++ kindly visit http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/WishList and update the wish list. This will definitely help us know what features are important to you.

 Enjoy Axis 1.4

 Regards
Sanjaya, on behalf of the Axis C++ Team

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT : AxisC++ 1.4 final Released

Posted by Rangika Mendis <ra...@opensource.lk>.

  Hi Samisa,

  I just modified the index.html & news.html & committed.It will take abt 3
to 4 hrs to be reflected in the site.

  Regards,
  Rangika

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

+1 for changing the name of the release build to reflect the release name.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa.abeysingh
             e@gmail.com>                                               To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             20/12/2004 05:48          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: ANNOUNCEMENT : AxisC++ 1.4
             Developers List"          final Released

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Yes, just enable SSL on apache.

sanjaya.

Posted by Farhaan Mohideen <fa...@opensource.lk>.
The implementation done by damitha is client side. Server side SSL is
enabled through the Apache server.

Expat support being dropped is an issue for some :) reference to a previous
e-mail. Anyway I agree it is not an issue in this release.

Regards
Farhaan

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.