Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by hiten pandya <hp...@lycos.co.uk> on 2001/10/18 21:56:42 UTC

Shared Objects configure fails on freebsd 4.3

hi all,
how u all doin...?

i had reported a bug before about the configure script not
working, which was fixed, it was only a minor about a
comment line (========).

when i tried to run configure as normal, it says DSO
support is available, right.. thats totally right, but....

once the configure is done, when i run make the following
is the problem....

Making all in srclib
Making all in apr
Making all in strings
Making all in passwd
Making all in tables
Making all in file_io/unix
Making all in network_io/unix
Making all in threadproc/unix
Making all in misc/unix
Making all in locks/unix
Making all in time/unix
Making all in mmap/unix
Making all in shmem/unix
Making all in i18n/unix
Making all in user/unix
Making all in memory/unix
Making all in dso/unix
*** Error code 1

Stop in /httpd/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /httpd/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /httpd/httpd-2.0/srclib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /httpd/httpd-2.0.
ln: libapr.so: Operation not Supported

so, i tracked down the error to its n*ts, parden my
language, cause i have been trying to build CVS version for
ages. Its located somewhere in the makefile, though i
could not find exactly which file, but... i generated a
debug make output by:
make -dA > dumpmake.

I have attached the a tarred gzip file with this mail.
it has some helpful output files from the commands, if the
attachement doesnt pass thru, the following is the
place the problem was coming from. (line 37,326):
/bin/sh /httpd/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=link gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_REENTRANT
-D_THREAD_SAFE -I./include -I../include -o libapr.la
-rpath /usr/local/apache2/lib $objects

i think it is a problem with the actual linking ln command.
help!,
i have worked very very very hard to track this eror for
the first time...

thanks in advance,
regards,

Hiten Pandya