Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Michael Rheinheimer <ro...@us.ibm.com> on 2008/04/11 00:11:53 UTC

[Axis2] arbitrary prefix for anon operations?

Hi,

The sandesha team has requested that a custom prefix be included in the
QNames of the anonymous operations (anonOutInOp, etc) to differentiate
axis2-originated anon operations from customer-defined operations.  Is it
simply a matter of adding a prefix to the QName definitions in kernel
code:  org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient?  Doing so caused no errors
in my testing, but I am certainly capable of overlooking something, and
this is core kernel stuff, so please help me out!  See related Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3730

Thank you much!
mike

Re: [Axis2] arbitrary prefix for anon operations?

Posted by R J Scheuerle Jr <sc...@us.ibm.com>.
I will be displaying a great deal of ignorance here.  Please read
carefully.

Currently the anonOutInOp is defined as an unqualified QName.  In general,
this seems like the wrong approach for anything that is flowed in a
message.
My suggestion is that the anonOutInOp have a real namespace (perhaps
http://org.apache.axis2).
And that the code be changed to send use this new QName but also be smart
enough to understand messages that have the old unqualified qname.

To answer Dustin's question:  I believe Sandesha needs a way to recongize
the anonOutInOp that is flowed in a message and determine that it is not a
user-defined operation.
If we always flow the anonOutInOp as a qualified QName, this is an easy
check.

David Parsons is the developer that requested this change

Rich Scheuerle
IBM Web Services
Apache Axis2 (scheu@apache.org)
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)